This is an INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION culminating in an exhibition of photographic expertise It is the ONLY SCOTTISH INTERNATIONAL SALON with both PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE AND PRINT SECTIONS.
The 93rd Scottish International Salon of Photography 2016 has SIX SECTIONS -
3 PRINT SECTIONS (Open Mono, Open Colour and Nature) AND 3 PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE SECTIONS (Open Mono, Open Colour and Nature),
ALL with approval and patronage of FIAP (2016/140), PSA (2016-109), RPS (2016/38) , PAGB (16/2016) and GPU (L160005-M2G2S2B).
THE 93RD SCOTTISH SALON 2016 ONLINE ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED
- CLOSING DATE - 3RD APRIL 2016
- JUDGING - 15TH, 16TH & 17TH APRIL 2016
- REPORTS MAILED - 22ND APRIL 2016
- FOR THE SCOTTISH SALON EXHIBITIONS DETAILS AS SOON AS AVAILABLE PLEASE GO TO THE EXHIBITION PAGE OF THIS WEBSITE
If you have registered with us or entered us before, you will receive a copy of our e-salon newsletter which will keep you updated about our Scottish Salon. The latest edition of our e-salon newsletter is Issue 11 with details of our 2016 event and introducing more of this year's Judges. To get further copies of our newsletter as soon as it comes out please go to the MAILING LIST section of our website. You can also join us on FACEBOOK we would love to see any of your Scottish Acceptances posted here.
Over 160 Awards will be presented in 2016, more than ever before, with PSA, FIAP, RPS, PAGB, GPU & SPF Medals, Ribbons and Certificates awarded.
AWARDS FOR - NATURE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR - BEST CLUB OUTWITH UK - BEST UK CLUB EXCL. SCOTLAND - BEST SCOTTISH CLUB
2016 PANEL OF SELECTORS
For PRINT AND PROJECTED - MONO & COLOUR SECTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Terry Donnelly FRPS, EFIAP, MPAGB, FBPE, from England
- Des Clinton MFIAP, FRPS, FIPF, from Ireland
- Simon Allen MPAGB, EFIAP, APAGB, from Scotland
- Peter Paterson MFIAP, FRPS, MPAGB, from Scotland
- Paul Stanley FIPF, EFIAP/b, ESFIAP, from Ireland
- Tony Potter GMPSA, ARPS, APAGB, EFIAP/p from England
For PRINT AND PROJECTED NATURE SECTIONS ARE:
- Mick Durham MPAGB, FRPS, EFIAP, from Scotland
- Paul Keene MFIAP, FRPS, EFIAP/p, MPAGB from England
- Ian Whiston DPAGB, AFIAP, BPE4* from England
- All Nature Judges are dedicated Nature specialists
- Nature Photographer of the Year Award for Best in Nature Sections
Annually we have seen work submitted from approximately, fifty-two Countries around the World. The accepted entries are exhibited to the general public for two to three weeks during May/June. A catalogue is also produced and sent to all entrants (FIAP 4 star rating for 2013, 2014 and 2015). We have received international recognition from the Photographic Society of America (PSA) for a number of years, and have had ‘Federation lnternationale de l’Art Photographique’ (FIAP) patronage continually for every Salon run since 1970.
There is a tremendous amount of work in putting on an annual event of this size, and unfortunately the Scottish Salon fell into abeyance for a few years after running its 89th Exhibition in 2008. Our 2013 return saw us receive a the biggest print entry we have ever had. A very big thank you to all our entrants over the years. We are indebted to those who have helped to restore this event in 2013. The introduction of Digital sections to the Print Sections in 2015 again saw us again with the biggest entry we have had in our history.
Libby Smith EFIAP MPAGB APAGB HonSPF
34 Braemar Crescent, CARLUKE, ML8 4BH Scotland.
e-mail: chair [at] scottish-photographic-salon.org
tel: (+44)1555 750737