This is an INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION culminating in an exhibition of photographic expertise It is the ONLY SCOTTISH INTERNATIONAL SALON with both PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE AND PRINT SECTIONS.
The 92nd Scottish International Salon of Photography 2015 has 6 SECTIONS, 3 PRINT sections AND 3 PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE sections, ALL with approval and patronage of FIAP (2015/105), PSA (2015/117), RPS (2015/25) AND PAGB (17/2015).
- CLOSING DATE - MIDNIGHT 5TH APRIL 2015 - ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED
The NEW THIRD edition of our e-salon newsletter is out now Issue 7 Previous versions are available here Issue 6 and Issue 5 to get further copies of our newsletter as soon as it comes out please go to the MAILING LIST section of our website
Entries have been received in to the following sections -
- PRINT - MONOCHROME OPEN
- PRINT - COLOUR OPEN
- PRINT - NATURE
- PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE - MONOCHROME OPEN
- PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE - COLOUR OPEN
- PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE - NATURE
There are special Awards as well as discount rates for Club's/Groups.
- A COPY OF THE 2014 SALON CATALOGUE (FIAP 4*) IS *AVAILABLE* FROM THE RESULTS PAGE OF THIS WEBSITE
Many more Awards will be presented this year than ever before with PSA, FIAP, RPS, PAGB & SPF Medals, Ribbons and Certificates to be won
2015 PANEL OF SELECTORS for PRINT AND PROJECTED MONO & COLOUR Sections are:
- Roger Parry ARPS, EFIAP, DPAGB, HonPAGB, from England
- John Hooton MFIAP, FRPS, FIPF, from Ireland
- Hunter Kennedy MPAGB, EFIAP, ARPS, from Scotland
- Steve Smith FRPS, MPAGB, from England
- Denis Whelehan AIPF, APSA, EFIAP, from Ireland
- Judith Parry AFIAP, DPAGB, HonPAGB from England
2015 PANEL OF SELECTORS for PRINT AND PROJECTED NATURE Sections are all dedicated Nature specialists :
- Edmund Fellowes MPAGB, FRPS, from Scotland
- Barry Mead FRPS, EFIAP/p, MPAGB from England
- Sandy Cleland FRPS, AFIAP from Scotland
- CLOSING DATE - 4TH APRIL 2015
- JUDGING - 17TH, 18TH & 19TH APRIL 2015
- REPORTS MAILED - 24TH APRIL 2015
Annually we have seen work submitted from approximately, fifty-two Countries around the World. The accepted entries are exhibited to the general public for two to three weeks during May/June. A catalogue is also produced and sent to all entrants (FIAP 4 star rating for 2013 and 2014). We have received international recognition from the Photographic Society of America (PSA) for a number of years, and have had ‘Federation lnternationale de l’Art Photographique’ (FIAP) patronage continually for every Salon run since 1970.
There is a tremendous amount of work in putting on an annual event of this size, and unfortunately the Scottish Salon fell into abeyance for a few years after running its 89th Exhibition in 2008. Our 2013 return saw us receive a the biggest print entry we have ever had. A very big thank you to all our entrants over the years. We are indebted to those who have helped to restore this event in 2013.
Libby Smith EFIAP MPAGB APAGB HonSPF
34 Braemar Crescent, CARLUKE, ML8 4BH Scotland.
e-mail: chair [at] scottish-photographic-salon.org
tel: (+44)1555 750737