The 94th Scottish International Salon of Photography 2017 online entry is now closed, and the three days of Judging are now complete. Full results were sent out to all entrants on 3rd May. The Acceptances and Awards, and an online copy of this year's Catalogue, are now available to view in the results area of this website along with the six galleries of Award Winning photographs.
This is an INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION culminating in an exhibition of photographic expertise It is the ONLY SCOTTISH INTERNATIONAL SALON with both PROJECTED AND PRINT SECTIONS.
The 94th Scottish International Salon of Photography 2017 has SIX SECTIONS -
3 PRINT SECTIONS (Open Mono, Open Colour and Nature) AND
3 PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE SECTIONS (Open Mono, Open Colour and Nature),
ALL SECTIONS have the approval and patronage of FIAP (2017/217), PSA (2017-113), RPS (2017/22) , PAGB (22/2017) and GPU (L170056).
If you have registered with us or entered us before, you will receive a copy of our e-salon newsletter which will keep you updated about our Scottish Salon. You can sign up for our e-salon newsletter with details of our event and Judges - Go to the MAILING LIST section of our website to sign up. You can also join us on FACEBOOK we would love to see any of your Scottish Acceptances posted there.
OVER 160 AWARDS have been presented in 2017, more than ever before, with PSA, FIAP, RPS, PAGB, GPU & SPF Medals, Ribbons and Certificates awarded.
AWARDS FOR - NATURE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR - BEST CLUB OUTWITH UK - BEST UK CLUB EXCL. SCOTLAND - BEST SCOTTISH CLUB
2017 PANEL OF SELECTORS WERE -
Mono Print and Colour PDI -
- Al Buntin MPAGB ARPS from Scotland
- Leigh Preston FRPS MPAGB APAGB EFIAP FIPF from England
- Gabriel O'Shaughnessy MFIAP FRPS FIPF EFIAP/b from Ireland
- Colour Print and Mono PDI -
- Peter Gennard MFIAP EFIAP/p from England
- Robert Fulton MFIAP MPAGB BPE5* from Scotland
- Dianne Owen FRPS from England
For PRINT AND PROJECTED NATURE SECTIONS WERE:
- Gordon Rae MPAGB, from Scotland
- Norbert Heil MPSA APSA from Germany
- Margaret Sixsmith EPSA EFIAP/p FBPE from England
- All Nature Judges are dedicated Nature specialists
- Annually we have seen work submitted from approximately, fifty-two Countries around the World. The accepted entries are exhibited to the general public for two to three weeks during May/June. A catalogue is also produced and sent to all entrants. Our A4 Catalogue for 2016 was awarded 4/5 stars by FIAP (FIAP 4 star rating for 2013, 2014, 2015). We have received international recognition from the Photographic Society of America (PSA) for a number of years, and have had ‘Federation lnternationale de l’Art Photographique’ (FIAP) patronage continually for every Salon run since 1970.
A copy of the 93rd Scottish Salon Exhibition Catalogue is available to download from the results section of this website. You can also view all six sections of the 2016 Award Winning images by visiting the Galleries from the links on the results page of this website, or by selecting the gallery from the links below -
There is a tremendous amount of work in putting on an annual event of this size, and unfortunately the Scottish Salon fell into abeyance for a few years after running its 89th Exhibition in 2008. Our 2013 return saw us receive a the biggest print entry we have ever had. A very big thank you to all our entrants over the years. We are indebted to those who have helped to restore this event in 2013. The introduction of Digital sections to the Print Sections in 2015 again saw us again with the biggest entry we have had in our history.
Libby Smith EFIAP MPAGB HonPAGB HonSPF
34 Braemar Crescent, CARLUKE, ML8 4BH Scotland.
e-mail: chair [at] scottish-photographic-salon.org
tel: (+44)1555 750737