This is an INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION culminating in an exhibition of photographic expertise It is the ONLY SCOTTISH INTERNATIONAL SALON with both PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE AND PRINT SECTIONS.
The 92nd Scottish International Salon of Photography 2015 has 6 SECTIONS, 3 PRINT sections AND 3 PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE sections, ALL with approval and patronage of FIAP (2015/105), PSA (2015/117), RPS (2015/25) AND PAGB (17/2015).
- NEW GALLERY NOW LIVE - SEE ALL SIX SECTION'S AWARD WINNERS - VISIT OUR GALLERY VIA THE RESULTS PAGE
- 92ND SALON CATALOGUE - ONLINE VERSION NOW AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD - VIA THE RESULTS PAGE
- FULL EMAIL RESULTS HAVE NOW BEEN EMAILED OUT TO ALL INDIVIDUALS AND GROUP ORGANISERS.
- FULL LISTS OF THIS YEAR'S ACCEPTED PHOTOGRAPHS IN ALL SIX SECTIONS ARE *NOW AVAILABLE* FROM OUR RESULTS PAGE AS WELL AS FULL DETAILS OF THIS YEAR'S CLUB COMPETITIONS
The NEW edition of our e-salon newsletter is out now Issue 8 with details of our Exhibtion venues and presentations, club results and a selection of this year's acceptances. Previous versions are also available Issue 7 Issue 6 and Issue 5 to get further copies of our newsletter as soon as it comes out please go to the MAILING LIST section of our website
OVER 9000 Entries have been received in to the following sections -
- PRINT - MONOCHROME OPEN - COLOUR OPEN - NATURE
- PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE - MONOCHROME OPEN - COLOUR OPEN - NATURE
Over 160 Awards were presented this year, more than ever before with PSA, FIAP, RPS, PAGB & SPF Medals, Ribbons and Certificates being awarded
2015 PANEL OF SELECTORS for PRINT AND PROJECTED - MONO & COLOUR SECTIONS WERE AS FOLLOWS:
- Roger Parry ARPS, EFIAP, DPAGB, HonPAGB, from England (Mono Print & Colour PDI)
- John Hooton MFIAP, FRPS, FIPF, from Ireland (Mono Print & Colour PDI)
- Hunter Kennedy MPAGB, EFIAP, ARPS, from Scotland (Colour Print & Mono PDI)
- Steve Smith FRPS, MPAGB, from England (Mono Print & Colour PDI)
- Denis Whelehan AIPF, APSA, EFIAP, from Ireland (Colour Print & Mono PDI)
- Judith Parry AFIAP, DPAGB, HonPAGB from England (Colour Print & Mono PDI)
2015 PANEL OF SELECTORS FOR PRINT AND PROJECTED NATURE SECTIONS (all dedicated Nature specialists) WERE:
- Edmund Fellowes MPAGB, FRPS, from Scotland
- Barry Mead FRPS, EFIAP/p, MPAGB from England
- Sandy Cleland FRPS, AFIAP from Scotland
- CLOSING DATE - 4TH APRIL 2015
- JUDGING - 17TH, 18TH & 19TH APRIL 2015
- REPORTS MAILED - 24TH APRIL 2015
- FOR THE SCOTTISH SALON EXHIBITIONS DETAILS PLEASE GO TO THE EXHIBITION PAGE OF THIS WEBSITE
Annually we have seen work submitted from approximately, fifty-two Countries around the World. The accepted entries are exhibited to the general public for two to three weeks during May/June. A catalogue is also produced and sent to all entrants (FIAP 4 star rating for 2013 and 2014). We have received international recognition from the Photographic Society of America (PSA) for a number of years, and have had ‘Federation lnternationale de l’Art Photographique’ (FIAP) patronage continually for every Salon run since 1970.
There is a tremendous amount of work in putting on an annual event of this size, and unfortunately the Scottish Salon fell into abeyance for a few years after running its 89th Exhibition in 2008. Our 2013 return saw us receive a the biggest print entry we have ever had. A very big thank you to all our entrants over the years. We are indebted to those who have helped to restore this event in 2013.
Libby Smith EFIAP MPAGB APAGB HonSPF
34 Braemar Crescent, CARLUKE, ML8 4BH Scotland.
e-mail: chair [at] scottish-photographic-salon.org
tel: (+44)1555 750737