Online entry for the 95th Scottish International Salon of Photography 2018 is now open. Our Closing Date is 15th April 2018
This is an INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION culminating in an Exhibition of photographic expertise. It is the ONLY SCOTTISH INTERNATIONAL SALON with both PROJECTED AND PRINT SECTIONS.
The 95th Scottish International Salon of Photography 2018 has SIX SECTIONS -
3 PRINT SECTIONS (Open Mono, Open Colour and Nature) AND
3 PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGE SECTIONS (Open Mono, Open Colour and Nature),
ALL SECTIONS have the approval and patronage as indicated of FIAP (2018/141) and PSA (2018-133).
FULL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY CAN BE FOUND HERE
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON MAKING GROUP/CLUB ENTRIES CLICK HERE
- Completion of our ONLINE ENTRY SYSTEM, and payment by PayPal is preferred.
- Entries containing Projected Digital Images MUST be entered using our Online Entry System.
- PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGES - Maximum size 1600 pixels horizontal and 1200 pixels vertical, at 300ppi, in jpeg format. The Colour Space is sRGB. Images will be projected at 1600x1200 on Canon WUX500 Projectors. Our Projection background is Black.
- FOR PRINT ONLY ENTRIES; Completion of our Online Entry System is preferred, OR you can use our MANUAL ENTRY FORM , and post with your prints.
- GUIDANCE NOTES are available to download if you require help with completing the Online Entry process Guidance For Individuals Click Here or Guidance For Groups Click Here .
- A printed catalogue is produced and sent to all entrants. Our A4 Catalogue for 2017 was awarded 4/5 stars by FIAP
- OVER 160 AWARDS will be presented in 2018, with PSA, FIAP & SPF Medals, Ribbons and Certificates awarded.
- AWARDS FOR - NATURE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR; BEST CLUB OUTWITH UK; BEST UK CLUB EXCLUDING SCOTLAND AND BEST SCOTTISH CLUB
We have received international recognition from the Photographic Society of America (PSA) for a number of years, and have had ‘Federation lnternationale de l’Art Photographique’ (FIAP) patronage continually for every Salon run since 1970.
THE 2018 PANEL OF SELECTORS ARE -
- Mono and Colour Print and Mono and Colour PDI -
- Bill Power FIPF ARPS EFIAP/s PPSA from Ireland
- Tom Dodd FRPS DPAGB FIPF from Wales
- John Ross DPAGB EFIAP/b from Scotland
- Niamh Whitty FIPF ARPS from Ireland
- Christine Widdall MPAGB FBPE EFIAP from England
- Anne Greiner MPAGB from Scotland
- For Print and Projected Nature Sections -
- Ian Whiston DPAGB EFIAP ABPE from England
- Bill Hall DPAGB AFIAP ABPE from England
- Duncan SK Hill MPAGB EFIAP/g from England
- All Nature Judges are dedicated Nature specialists
If you have registered with us or entered us before, you will receive a copy of our e-salon newsletter which will keep you updated about our Scottish Salon. You can sign up for our e-salon newsletter with details of our event and Judges - Go to the MAILING LIST section of our website to sign up. You can also join us on FACEBOOK we would love to see any of your Scottish Acceptances posted there.
Libby Smith EFIAP MPAGB HonPAGB HonSPF
34 Braemar Crescent, CARLUKE, ML8 4BH Scotland.
e-mail: chair [at] scottish-photographic-salon.org
tel: (+44)1555 750737